Thursday, March 24, 2011

All About Scrapbooking: Making the Left Side of my Brain Works

I used to think that scrapbooking is for "loners" only, until I was invited by Jeman of Orange Magazine TV to attend Scrapbooking 101 (Scrap n' Tell) at All About Scrapbooking (Hallmark) Head Office, Pasig City.  It was my first time to see scrapbookers and non-scrapbookers gather together to make their precious memories stored forever by using scrapbooking.


Of course, I also joined this event because I am a budding scrapbooker (before, haha).  I used to put embellishments on my projects when I was in high school and college.  And just last February, I made an entry at Thunderbird Resorts contest.  The question was "What makes you extraordinary?" and I made a scrapbook-themed entry.  I think scrapbooking makes me extraordinary.  Here's the link to my video:  http://www.thunderbirdresorts.ph/videocontest/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=54&video_id=70&lang=en Hope you appreciate my little effort in this video.

Okay, back to ALL ABOUT SCRAPBOOKING and let my left brain do the talking because as medical researchers say, creativity is controlled by the left brain.

Basic Things Needed for Scrapbooking:


Photos/Pictures
Paper
Scissors
Cutter
Pencil, ballpen, gel pens,
Adhesives (glue stick, foam tape)
Ruler
Stamps
Puncher
Embellishment



Now that we have the things and tools, it's time for our imagination to work.  Think first of your theme.  Your scrapbook should include a title, photos, designs, and a short note about those pictures you have used.

Seated with my new friend, Mel. (",)

Even boys get busy with scrapbook!


FINISH PRODUCT:
The output of my left brain, haha!

I never thought scrapbooking can be fun this way!  Met a new set of friends and unleashed the creative side of me.

SCRAPAHOLIC BLOGGERS

 Since I got a set of scrapbooking materials from ALL ABOUT SCRAPBOOKING, I am going to pile up my photos and instead of scanning them and putting them on Facebook, I will start making my own scrapbook album (",).  How nice!

 Thank you very much Jeman of Orange Magazine TV 
and to ALL ABOUT SCRAPBOOKING staff!!!


ALL ABOUT SCRAPBOOKING is available at all NATIONAL BOOKSTORES nationwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment